Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Friday: After work, Beth came and picked me and we headed to Dixon for a garage sale. Beth knows this lady from work and she had invited some people to come up early and to go through all of her baby stuff. It wasn’t as extensive as we were expecting. I only spent $5. Beth walk away with quite a few things, but she was buying things for other people as well.

Kevin and Kelly had rented the volleyball court in Argyle for the evening. So when I got home from Dixon I began making supper so we could eat before we headed down to play. Well as soon as we sat down for dinner it began to storm like crazy. So needless to say, we stayed home for the evening and watched a couple movies.

Saturday: I was off of work and Andy was mandatory to go to work. Bummer! The sacrifices of being pregnant are starting to arise the farther I get along. There were a couple float trips on the Gasconade River going on that day that I really wanted to attend. But I knew there was no way I was going to be able to make it 4+ hours in a canoe in 90 degree weather. These float trips are unlike the ones we have on the Osage River. On the Osage the water is deep and smooth, and we are on floaties that keep us half way submerged under the water to stay cool. On the Gasconade it is really shallow with a lot of gravel bars and you find yourself having to walk down the river during the shallow parts because your floaty is scraping the rocks below you. So if the float trips would have been on the Osage, I wouldn’t have hesitated. But I didn’t’ think heat exhaustion would have been a good idea at this stage in my pregnancy!

Saturday Evening: We went over to Kevin and Kelly’s after they got done with their float trip. We ate some BBQ and sat around and watched the Cardinals game.

Sunday: Being unable to sleep and somewhat motivated, I got up early and made pancakes and bacon. We rarely eat breakfast on the weekends, because as soon as we get up Andy is getting ready to head to the farm and work for the day. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t eat down there. So on this day, I made took the initiative to not ask Andy if he wanted breakfast, I just did it!

That afternoon Holly, Shanda and I headed to Jeff City for the Bridal Spectacular. It was a good time and I think Holly got a lot of ideas. My favorite part was all of the samples of cakes! Yummy! My favorite was the Red Velvet cake with the Butter Cream Icing! I forgot how overwhelming these events can be, especially for the Bride. There are people pulling at you from every direction begging you to come to their booth so they can give you a presentation on why you should use their services at your wedding. They all ask the same generic questions as a conversation starter: When is your wedding? Where is your wedding at? Have you booked/purchased a photographer/DJ/wedding dress yet? Holly mentioned having a t-shirt made that included all of this information on it so you didn’t have to repeat it 50 times in one day. Not a bad idea!

For the evening we went down to Donnie and Shanda’s for some swimming and BBQ for a going away party for Abe (Holly’s fiancĂ©). Kudos to Abe for joining the National Guard!!!! That is a huge decision to make, but I am so proud of him for making the sacrifice for all of us! He is leaving on Wednesday evening and will be gone for 8 months (except for a small break at Christmas).
I cannot image what Holly is going through right now. After just getting engaged, that has got to be so hard to send him off to the unknown for so long! I plan to do whatever I can to distract her and take her mind off of him being gone. Whether that is dinner, shopping, or going to the movies, because I know she would do the same for me!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

When I was going to bridal shows, I remember seeing quite a few women who had labels made up with all of that information on them. When they signed up for free "stuff" they could slap a label on the sheets instead. Wish I would have thought of it!!