Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Friday Night: I was periodically working in the house and going outside to watch Andy, Donnie and Sean work on the location for the new shed we have ordered. We originally were going to building a nice shed (one big enough for Andy to park his truck in, as well as his ranger and lawn mower) but when we were given a quote of over $20,000 for just the concrete work, we said forget about it. So instead we have purchase a small shed from Hilkemeyer’s in Freeburg. It should be in within the next couple of weeks. Until then, Andy has been working hard to level the place in which he wants to put the shed. Since we live on such a slope, we have had to bring in 7 large concrete blocks that weight 2,400lbs each to balance out the hill. It sounds confusing, but it makes since when you see it.

Saturday: Work…Again! I was such a bum when I got off of work, that I went home and took a long nap. I should have taken Holly up on her offer of swimming in the pool that afternoon. At least then I would have gotten a tan as I was napping.

That evening, Andy and I went on a date for my birthday. I bet you cannot guess where we ate at….HuHots!!! It was excellent as usual. While it was to be a dinner with just Andy and I, ended up including a small baby. No, not ours! There was a little boy (close to a year old) sitting at the table next to us that Andy kept on watching and making funny faces at. This little boy was so cute! Andy spent the whole time looking past me to get a smile out of the little boy. I guess Andy was just practicing for when out little on is here!

After leaving HuHots, we headed back to Jeff City to check out what was in the movie theaters. We ended up seeing, A Journey to the Center of the Earth. It was alright. We thought about seeing the Dark Knight, but it looks a little disturbing to me. Plus, throughout the whole movie I would be thinking about Heath Ledger being dead.

After the movies we ran over to Cold Stone for a Cake N’ Shake, but they were already closed! DAMN IT! Better luck next time!

Sunday: The Schwartze family has a lot down on the Osage River. It like a small neighborhood with some good neighbors and some bad neighbors. At the annual meeting this year, the Schwartze boys were nominated to do some much needed tree destruction. The trees were beginning to take over the road down to the river. So on Sunday we all got up early and headed down there for some work and play. The guys took off up the road to begin their job as the women stayed back and cooked breakfast. The guys did an excellent job clearing the roads. After everything was done we spent the rest of the day relaxing on the river!

No comments: