Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Friday Night: Andy and I went over to Gerald and Darla’s for a Fish/Frog fry. We had a really good time chatting and playing Nerts. We even enjoyed shooting off a few left over fireworks.

Saturday: After getting off of work, I headed down to the park in Vienna for the Hollis Reunion. There was a huge turnout and even quite a few people I didn’t even know. That is to be expected when you have a large family that is spread out all over the place. It was extremely hot outside, and our lawn chairs were sitting right in the sun (all of the shade was taken). Before too long the storm clouds started rolling in to give us some relief…..but it never rained. After a few hours there, I decided to head home to tackle some weeds I have needed to pull out of my flower garden. Actually it looks like a grass garden with a few flowers sprinkled around. I decided to water them before I started pulling in hopes of it being easier. Well, it wasn’t! I had to quit after about 20 minutes of pulling. It turned out to be a much bigger job than this pregnant woman could take on such a hot day. So to this day, my flower garden still looks like crap!

Sunday: We went to the river for a huge float trip. It was such a great time. I believe we were on there for about 4 hours or more. It is strange to be sitting back chugging water while everyone else is drinking beer and taking jello shots. In the end, the sacrifice is more than worth it. It was also fun to observe those who more than had their share of alcohol…It makes for good stories! By the time we returned back to the cabin, we were starving! Thanks to Gerald, he stayed back on shore and grilled us pork steaks, hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs. They were all excellent! Afterwards, Andy and I headed home for the evening and crashed on the couch. Actually, I crashed and Andy more or less passed out.

Monday morning came around way too fast to begin another work week! Boooo!

No comments: