Thursday, July 17, 2008

27 Week Appointment

I had another doctor's appointment on Tuesday. All went well except when the conversation came to my weight. I had gained 7.5lbs since my last appointment. Holy S**t! A little more than the average one pound a week I am suppose to gain. In my defence I reminded them that I had only gained one pound at my last appointment, so I was just making up for those other 3lbs I was short. Oh well, there is no going back now!
I can tell this boy is going to be a feisty one. While the nurse was measuring my uterus, she was pressing really hard on my stomach. She made on comment that she is probably going to get kicked. I could feel him moving around but it wasn't until we were searching for his heartbeat that he really let loose. She was moving the Doppler around my stomach, trying to get a good reading of the heart rate. But as soon as she found it, he would move away. It was a funny cat & mouse game, because he obviously didn't want to be bothered. And before long, he started kicking like crazy. Both the nurse and I started cracking up, because my stomach was just moving up and down as he kicked. He was mad! Finally he gave up and we finally got to hear his heartbeat, it was a strong 137bpm.
I received an order form from the doctor for me to go to the hospital and take the Glucose test. I am not exactly looking forward to that. Since I don't take many trips to Jeff City, I believe I will just have this done the same day as my next doctor's appointment in two weeks. Yes, I have finally reached the point in this pregnancy were I have to go every two weeks. It is crazy how fast time flies.

No comments: