Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Two-Day Haircut

Hunter has needed another haircut for awhile, which I have been dreading terribly!!! Ever since the child turned 2, he refuses to get his hair cut. Let me tell you, this kid can put up a fight. The last two times I took him to the hair salon, it turned into a kicking-screaming fight to get the job done. I would practically have him in a head lock while poor Judy cut at quickly as she could. This had never been a problem before, he would practically fall asleep as Judy would comb his hair. Those days are apparently long gone.

Anyway, Saturday I decided to tackle the job myself and spare Judy the drama. Well, it turned out just like I expected....kicking, screaming and crying was had by Hunter...and I! Needless to say I ended up only getting the back of his head cut, the rest of his hair remained long. I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of it. So day one of the haircut was a failure.

Sunday morning while Andy was home, we decided to give it another try. This time I thought it would help if Hunter watched, and even help cut Andy's hair. While he was intersted in helping with Daddy's, he still had zero interest when it came to cutting his own hair. At least this time I had Andy there to help tame the beast, which was still a kicking and screaming battle. We tried bribing with juice, M&M's, and suckers. Nothing! He still wanted nothing to do with it. Getting cuts in while I could, I got a little carried away and cut it much shorter than I wanted. But in the end we ended up with a buzz cut and sucker sprinkled with hair. Yummy!

No comments: