Sunday, January 23, 2011

Digital Scrapbooking!

This is my new obsession! I have always liked to scrapbook. But I have never had the space to do it. I always relied on my scrapbooking parties I would go to to get a little bit done. But it always entailed bringing along tubs of paper, stickers, photos, etc. then it took you half the time to get set up and organized to start scrapbooking. But no longer! Creative Memories has developed a program called StoryBook Creator. It is awesome! If you are like me, I rarely ever develop pictures, I just have them all stored on my computers. This is a way to do everything digitally. The program gives you a lot of free background paper, stickers, fonts, embellishments, etc to work with.  Plus there are weekly freebies on there website that you can download as well. Unlike the traditional way of scrapbooking, you can use all of these over and over and over again! How great is that? You can purchase additional digital paper, stickers, etc online and just download directly to your computer to use instantly.
Another great thing about the StoryBook Creator, is that it acts as a Photo Editing Program as well. There are so many things you can do with your pictures without having to purchase an additional expensive program. It literally is a one stop shop.

Below are just a few examples from CM's website of what it possible with the  StoryBook Creator.

Snapshots of Blake

Football Family Cover

Pumpkin Carving

We're Engaged

As you can see the possibilities are endless. And if you don't think you are creative enough to come up with some designs and layouts, they even have pre-designed layouts as well. Where you literally just insert your pictures and type anything you want to put on there.

And once you have created your pages you can have them printed in a bound book or just print the size sheet that you want for your album. I use the 12 x 12 pages. To develop your page thru Creative Memories is 3.99 for a 12x12 sheet but it you develop 10 or more it is $3.49/sheet. That is cheaper than an 8x10 at Wal-Mart and the quality is excellent!

No, I am not a Creative Memories Consultant. So I am not trying to sell anything, I just truly love scrapbooking digitally. Best part, I can take my laptop anywhere and scrapbook! How awesome is that?

If you are interested in scrapbooking digitally you can contact my consultant Lisa Garro.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am going to have to look into that- looks right up my alley! Thanks for posting!

Megan said...

I would love to see some of your pages!