Monday, January 3, 2011

Biggest Loser 2011!

Its that time of year when people dust off their scales in hopes that a New Years resolution will motive one to lose weight and get in shape. I on the other hand have the motivation of the warm beaches of Mexico calling my name. In a month in a half I will be boarding a plane to Cozumel, Mexico! And to say the least...my bod is not quite bikini worthy! So I joined a Biggest Loser competition at my work. Today was the first initial weigh-in.


Starting Weight: For my eyes only!

Everyone puts $20 in a pot every month. The person to lose the largest percentage of weight for that month wins the pot. So instead of there just being a winner in the end, there will be one every month.

My Goal: 15lbs

This will put me below the weight I was before getting pregnant with Hunter. But like all you moms out there know, just because the scale may say the same number does not mean that everything is proportionately back to the way it was pre-pregers! Nothing is ever the same! This is a hard realization that I have to keep reminding myself.

Non-the-less, I enjoy the competition and I am anxious for results.
Wow, I hope this optimism last!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Wow - thanks for setting the mood for my day. Now I'm #1. Jealous you get to go to Mexico. and #2. Crying because my body will never be the same ; )

I can NOT wait to go on vacation. We def. aren't going this year - and next year the baby will only be 4-5 months old so it looks like we have to wait until the FOLLOWING year. I guess it's still not too early too start saving : )