Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Believe in Miracles!

I just got done watching today's episode of Oprah that I DVR'd. I need someone to talk to, and with Andy and Hunter in bed, I will talk it out on my blog. My vision is still blurred from the tears in my eyes. Let me fill you in...

This is Chris and Lori Coble:
Chris and Lori Coble

3 1/2 years ago, Lori (along with her mother) piled her three children -- 5-year-old Kyle, 4-year-old Emma and 2-year-old Katie into her van to headed off to the mall.
Emma, Katie and Kyle Coble

On the way home, Lori became stopped in traffic. Shortly later a big rig loaded with 40,000 pounds of cargo slammed into the back of the van.
The accident that killed the three Coble children

All the children were rushed to the hospital. One by one, each of the three children passed away. Leaving Chris and Lori to morn the loss of ALL their children.

Months after the accident, they decided to try and have more children. For medical reasons, the Cobles had to do in-vitro fertilization. Nearly 1 year after Kyle, Emma and Katie died, Lori gave birth to TRIPLETS!!! One boy and two girls!!! Jake, Ashley and Ellie!
Meet the Coble triplets

If that doesn't give you goosebumps, then nothing will.

How amazing is that? My heart aches for this couple. I could never imagine losing Hunter. It makes me physically ill to even think about it. My world would be crushed and empty without him. 

"They'll never replace Kyle, Emma and Katie," Lori says. "But the joy is back in the house. It's back in our hearts. They fill our lives again with love and happiness and laughter."

Tissue Please...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Rata was telling me about that this morning. I can't imagine losing one child let alone all three. I pray I never have to find out!