Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slim Fast Debate!

Now that Andy is on second shift I no longer have to cook supper in the evenings. So I figured this is my prime opportunity to try to lose my baby fat. I am going to try the Slim Fast Diet. Drink a shake for breakfast and supper and have a sensible meal for lunch. I figured this is do-able. But my main concern is what is really in a slim fast? I remember hearing that you might as well eat a Snickers bar because they have about the same nutritional value. If that is true, I don’t want to be drinking on the fat. Does anyone else know anything about Slim Fast? Would you or would you not recommend me trying it?

3 comments:

Dana said...

I wouldn't recommend that you use Slim Fast - You replace 2 meals with their "shakes." What's going to happen after you lose the weight? You will most likely go back to eating food, and you'll gain the weight right back. Only it will be worse, because while you were doing the Slim Fast diet, you will lose muscle because these shakes don't have all the nutrients things like fruits and vegetables have. I would suggest following more of a Weight Watchers guide - you still eat normal foods - you just focus more on caloric intake, along with some other factors.....There's my 2 cents : )

Anonymous said...

I agree. You need to learn to eat right and exercise. Supplementing drinks only works for a period of time and then you will gain the weigth back. I would try eating your bigger meals for Breakfast and Lunch and your smallest meal at dinner because you will have less time in a day to burn your evening meal off. It will be easy for you since Andy won't be there so you won't have to watch anyone eating more than you are getting. A bowl of cereal is a good dinner with some fruit. Hopes this helps.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the above comments. I am a single mom and i too am trying to get the baby fat off. I have been taking one slim fast at breakfast for about a mouth now. I eat a healthy lunch and dinner with a healthy side of salad sometimes with add fruit. I also work out for an hour six days a week doing cardio with 2 lbs. Sculpting balls and once a week I do yoga. I am trying to stretch that hour to an extra 30 minutes. (trying to workout 2 hrs a day but I am working up to it). Anyway, I have lost weight with drinking the slim fast but I think because of the hour a day workouts is what really has help me move reseda losing the baby fat. Good luck and I wish you the best.