Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'M BACK!

Or at least I am going to try!!! Wow, I don’t even know where to begin. I haven’t posted anything in four months. And obviously there has been a lot going on. I gave birth to my first child nearly 3 weeks early in September, which was an overwhelming experience in itself. I don’t think there is anything that can prepare you for the emotional roller coaster. Having a child is the most amazing challenge I have ever faced and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Time has flown by so fast. Starting off at 5 lbs 7oz (dipping down to as small as 4 lbs 14 oz), Hunter has flourished and caught up with where he should be…at 16 lbs. The first day we brought him home, I remember holding him thinking, “Wow…I’m a Mom! This little baby is mine and he is dependent on me to survive.” I took off 3 months of work to stay home with him. And I have to say; returning to work was a lot harder than I could have known. It just didn’t seem right to pay someone to watch my child while I went to work, even though the lady is excellent. But after a few tears, I knew in the end, the best interest for him is to spend time with other kids. I want him to be social able. I don’t want him to be a complete mama’s boy!

Hunter has had so many of his “First.” First smile, laugh, rolling over, Halloween, Deer Shack party, Thanksgiving, Christmas, trip across the Missouri border to Nebraska and Iowa, and his first trip to HuHots! Of course there are a lot more, but it is just crazy to see how many things I have already filled-in in his baby book. Before I know it, he is going to be heading to Kindergarten and meeting his first girlfriend who may/or may not become his future wife. Am I jumping too far ahead?

Also, seeing Andy as a father was everything I expected and more. He loves his little boy! His evenings now consist of playing of the floor with Hunter making funny faces and stupid noises in hopes of getting a smile and/or giggle. All up until Hunter is completely beat and then Andy will rock him to sleep. Andy is ready for Hunter to be big enough for him to take him on the farm. But I tell him this will be here soon enough.

All in all becoming a parent is wonderful and breathtaking despite all of the chaos and sacrifices it entails. It is crazy to think that I am no longer just Kelly- Andy’s wife...I am Kelly- Hunter’s mom.

No comments: