Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Coming Out!

That’s Right….I am coming out of the closet! I secretly watch The Real Housewives or Orange County! Guilty! I don’t even know what has drawn me to this show, but I can’t get enough of it. Tuesday night was the season finale and I am bummed.

To fill you in on what it is about, it obviously is a reality show following around 5 housewives who live lavish lifestyles. There are a couple of the women who actually hold down jobs, while the others pretty well just live it up and enjoy the riches that I guess their husbands bring in.

Vicki Guncalson is pretty well crazy! She is a work-obsessed insurance agent who can’t go any where without her laptop. She is very controlling of everything in her life including her husband and children. I feel so bad for her husband, she is so mean to him!

Tamra Barney is a stay at home mother. She is by far the most childish one of them all. She seems to be very jealous of one of the new housewives Gretchen. She talks bad about everyone behind their backs and pouts that someone got a pink hat when she wanted one. Give me a break!

Jeana Keough is one of my favorites. She seems so wholesome! She is a real estate agent who lives a lavish life that she created but requires her children to have their own jobs and pay for their own stuff. Which is good because she isn’t completely spoiling her children like the rest of the wives.

Gretchen Rossi is very young and outgoing and always wants to be the center of attention. I like her as well. Because while the other wives get all catty and caught up in drama, Gretchen is good at looking past it all and not holding grudges. She is engaged to a much older man, Jeff who was diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia. Some of the other wives accuse her of being a gold digger, but I believe she sincerely loves him.


Lynn ??? is brand new to the show. I don’t really know what to think of her. She pretty well spends her whole life trying to be super young and catering to her spoiled children’s every need. There is a point where you need to step up and act like a parent and not telling the maid not to vacuum at 10am because it will wake her unemployed 18(?)yr old daughter.

Anyway last night was the season finale. It was a sad one. Gretchen’s fiancé lost his battle with Leukemia. Which made me tear up. I am anxious to watch the “Reunion” show next week when all of the wives get together and talk about the season. It looks to be really intense, and as if they start bashing Gretchen for her relationship with Jeff. Which is completely wrong since he had passed away. But some of these women are just cruel. I am curious to see who will be on next season.

Apparently I am not the only one who watches this show since it has been on for 4 seasons. I will “secretly” be anxiously waiting for the next season.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it too. I got started in the first season. Classes are definitely interfering with watching it though...I have to try to catch old episodes on Saturday afternoons :)

April said...

I been watching this show since the first season. I love it! Definitely addicting to watch and it gets better every season which is hard to say for most shows.

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.