Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Employee Banquet!

After 6 years Andy finally took me to my Senior Prom! Well….kind of! It was actually an Employee Banquet held by the bank. But the environment was totally that of a prom. It was held at Meramec Wilderness Ranch in Steelville, MO. The scenery was beautiful despite the chilly weather. The invitations we received asked that we wear formal wear…I don’t think so! I was not going to try to squeeze myself into one of my old prom dresses or go purchase a new dress that I will never wear again. I ended up wearing black pants and a cute top and I dressed Andy up in Khakis and a blue buttoned up shirt. I literally had to dig out dress clothes for Andy, press them, and have them hung and ready for him. If I would have let him decide, he would have worn jeans, a t-shirt, a hat and made it formal by wearing his good watch instead of his cheap velcro one! He only threw a small fit when he seen what I had picked out for him. But after he was all dressed and ready to go…..He was so handsome!

Did I mention the theme for the night was “People’s Choice Awards?” Anyway, when we made our way up to the building they literally had a red carpet for us to walk down. If that wasn’t corny enough, when we got inside we got our picture taken in front of a prom-like background. You know the ones with the cardboard pillars and fabric draped behind us. They snapped a couple pictures of Andy and I and then we went on our merry way. They later told us that they will be developing these pictures and placing them in a fancy silver picture frame for us to keep. I am serious; we were at an employee banquet and didn’t get lost and walk into a high school prom!

When we sent in our RSVP’s we had to specify if we wanted “Steak or Chicken.” So when you hear that, you automatically think grilled steak and grilled chicken. Boy was I wrong! It was grilled steak but I had ordered the chicken. It looked like a large fish stick! They called it Chicken Cordon Bleu. Not exactly the best meal I have ever eaten, but if it were a life and death situation, I would be willing to eat it again. It wasn’t absolutely terrible, but it wasn’t what I was expecting. Andy got the steak and he was very pleased with his.

Sorry change of subject, but Footloose just came on the radio! This takes me back to many wedding dances of Holly and I cutting a rug and wheezing like crazy as we did the dance to this song. Good times!

Sorry…back to the theme! In the weeks prior to the banquet we got to nominate and vote for fellow employees for different categories. Such as most humorous, most athletic, Mr & Ms Congeniality, most talented, etc. Congratulations go to Vienna’s community President Quentin Satterfield for winning Mr. Congeniality! He was a shoe-in! Everyone loves this man and I am so glad that he is my boss. You can’t ask for anyone better than him. He literally knows everything and it will be a sad day at FCNB when he retires for good. I hate to even think of that day, because I respect this man so much. Vienna has never been better since he has come to work with us!

All in all, it was a great evening! It was fun to see everyone that I had previously worked with in Steeville and Rolla. I was disappointed that Katie didn't show up! Just kidding girl...but we did miss you!

No comments: