Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap!

Friday Night: We attended another Fish Fry. I don’t know about anyone else, but I cannot wait for Easter! I can go a couple days without eating meat and be fine, but when I am told I can’t eat meat on Friday’s….that is all I crave that day! We have attended these fish fries for the last few Fridays and I am nearing the verge of being tired of fish and Mac & cheese. But I can still go for a potato sandwich. Yum!

Saturday: After attended a half a day of work, I went to the local legion hall to prepare for my cousin’s wife’s baby shower. We had a really good turnout. There were plenty of snacks and cake for everyone. They got a lot of cute gifts. My favorite was the large wooden barn built by the grand-pa to be. You could open it up and place toy farm animals in it or up in the loft. It is one of those gifts that can be passed down for many generations.

After the shower, I got home just in time to leave to go bowling with the family. We always have such a good time when we all go do this. I think it is because no one takes it serious. You could get a gutter ball every frame and we would just laugh at you and go on. Andy and I can get pretty competitive between the two of us. I was thinking all of my practice I have got on our Wii would help, but I totally sucked on the first game. Andy only beat me by a few points. The second game was a different story! I kicked his ass up and down the lane! I beat him by 60 points; he wasn’t so cocky after that!

After bowling, all 30 of us headed to Jeff City to a restaurant called Oscars. I had never been there before. Damn it was good! I was waiting for us to get kicked out because a few people in our party (mainly my husband) were throwing stuff (straw wrappers, sweet N low packets, TOMATOES) at each other. I pray that one day his maturity with catch up with his age….before it rubs off on our children!

Sunday: I played house wife. I cleaned and did laundry. I watched out the window as Andy and his dad and brother worked around our house. I was particularly paying attention when they began to burn brush right next to the house. I could only see about 15 feet outside my front window from all the smoke. But they had it all under control, or at least it looked like it.

No comments: