Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

Tomorrow is my second doctor’s appointment. With this appointment I will actually get to meet with Dr. Lynn as opposed to just her personal nurse. And best of all….I will get to finally hear the heartbeat. I am actually pretty nervous about going. My biggest fear is that they can’t find a heartbeat. How depressing is that? I pray that my continuing symptoms of pregnancy such as nausea, ever increasing waist line and bra size are signs that everything is continuing as planned.

It is still hard for me to think that I am pregnant. Up until tomorrow the only visual confirmation I have got was the view of two pink lines on a pee absorbent stick. (Which they confirmed at the doctor's office) Since Andy doesn’t plan on attending this particular appointment, I am going to take my camera and do some video footage to record the sound of the heartbeat. I thought it would be sweet to have something to bring home for him to hear for himself.

I also hope to walk away tomorrow with a confirmation that I am only carrying one child. Not two, not three, or even four. Andy thinks multiples are “NEAT!” I know this is hard for them to detect by the heartbeat, but it is worth a shot. I would embrace all my children no matter how many came out at one time. But damn, I would hate to screw up more than one kid my first time around at being a parent!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hope your dr. appt. today went wonderful! I have been thinking about you : )

Have a great weekend.