Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stuffy!

For a girl who never gets sick (Knock on wood!) I have officially hit a brick wall. None of which is pregnancy related. I am so congested and stuffed up! My doctor gave me a general list of medicines that are safe to take during pregnancy for a wide range of symptoms and sicknesses. So for a cough and congestion I am limited to 3 items: Robitussin DM, cough drops and throat lozenges. Since I have been eating cough drops like it was candy, I headed to Dollar General and bought the Robitussin DM. We’ll see if that works. I have developed one of those deep raspy voices. I am beginning to sound like some of our heavy smoker customers that call in and hack up a lung through the phone. Lovely!

Last night Andy had me gargling warm salt water. Let me tell you, this was an interesting sight to see. I had tucked a kitchen towel in my shirt to act as a bib because every time the salt water got remotely close to the back of my throat, I would gag and spit it all out into the sink. Andy wasn’t much of a supportive coach. He was in the living room hollering at me from the couch (as he was watching The Hills…HeHe) He kept saying, “You’re doing it wrong,” “Just do it, and get it over with.” While they were annoying…they were also a good distraction. Because I began to think of ways I could drowned him with my 8 oz glass of salt water instead of my gag reflex. So thank you honey!

No comments: