Friday, March 21, 2008

Now it is Real!

It is official...I am carrying a beating heart! All of my nerves, worries, and anxiety were put to rest when I finally heard my baby's life beating inside of me. I don't believe anything can prepare you for that roaring, train-like sound. The feeling just took over me that....WOW, I am pregnant and there is a human being growing inside of me. The heart rate was 170 bpm. If I remember right, there are theories around the heart rate and the sex of the baby. I believe a fast heart rate = a girl! Only God Knows!

If you remember me saying, I was taking my camera so I could capture this moment for Andy. The night before, I placed my camera on my charging dock so I would be all ready to go. I did indeed remember to take my camera, but it wasn't until I was to ready to record the sound that my camera started blinking a bunch of messages at me. It was then that I realized, I did not put my memory card in my camera. And for those of you who have a digital camera, you know there is barely any internal memory. Because of what little memory my camera had, I only had 10 seconds to capture this for Andy. Luckily the nurse was able to find the heartbeat back in time for me to press record.

Below is the 10 seconds that have changed Andy and I for the rest of our lives!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Aww...that gave me chills!!! Congratulations : )