Friday, March 28, 2008

Saturday Plans!

Saturday is going to be an exciting and eventful day. Andy and I are going to meet my dad and step-mom in Kansas City to spend some long-overdue time together. At which we will drop the news to them that they are going to be grandparents. I am an only child to them, so this will be a milestone moment for them (well, I hope so). I am not good at words sometimes, so I figured I would get them a gift that says it all. Below is a the picture frame I bought for them.

It says, "Grandparents Make Smiles Happen" I Hope they get the point!

I don't get to see my dad very much since he lives in Omaha, Nebraska. I know I should make a bigger effort to go up and see them more. Sometimes life just gets so busy and before you know it, it is six months later. I feel guilty all the time. I love my dad so much, and miss him everyday. We are so much alike that can be scary. He is so much fun to be around, because he knows no stranger. He can makes friends with a person sitting in a car next to him at a stop light, that is how much of a people person he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is my new guilty pleasure. You're so funny, and endearing, and real. I love it, I'm glad you're doing this. Maybe it will inspire me to get passionate about mine again, I'm kind of in a blah mode.
Angie