Friday, March 28, 2008

HuHots!

Andy and I are very traditional when it comes to eating out for dinner. We like places like Applebees, Colton's, Ruby Tuesday's, etc. The ones that serve Steaks and Chicken Strips. This past January we went to Columbia for my brother's birthday. When we arrived we were all debating on where to eat (including Ryan's friends who were coming along). One of them made the mention of a place called HuHots. I had never heard of it before, but we all agreed. When we got there I was having severe doubts. It was a Mongolian Restaurant! Meaning no steaks, no chicken strips, no Cheeseburgers! WTF!
To our surprise, this is now me and Andy's new favorite restaurant!
When you go there for the first time, it is kind of overwhelming because you don't know what to do. We waited for our waitress to come around and give us directions before we took off to the food bar. You pretty well play follow the leader. You get a bowl and at the first stop you select your type of meat (steak, chicken, pork, crab), then you go on to the next station here you choose you choice of noodles (I have no clue the different types of noodles). The next station you pile on all different types of vegetables (you know what veggies are!). And the final selection is the types of sauces. There are probably 12 or more different sauces. You then pour (at least 5-6 ladles) or your sauce/sauces over your meet, noodles and veggies. The final step, hand it to the men at the grill and watch them prepare you dinner.

Andy and I are hitting up
HuHots on our way home from Kansas City. I cannot wait! Did I mention that they have Crab Rangoon as an appetizer! Sweet!

No comments: