Thursday, March 13, 2008

REBA!!!!

When you speak to anyone who knows me and ask them who is my favorite singer of all times....you will hear time and time again.....REBA MCENTIRE! I don't even know how or even when my love for her music began. And it is not just her music, it is her as a person. She just seems to be so normal and down to earth for someone in the spot light all the time.
On February 16th I got the privilege of seeing Reba in concert for the second time! The first time was as at the Missouri State Fair and I was 16 years old. And as soon as she came out on stage I began crying like a big 'ol baby! It just completely took over me. My face and hands went nub as tears poured down my face!

At this second concert, I held my composure and merely teared up. The concert itself was awesome! It was called 2 Worlds...2 Voices. It stared Reba (herself) and Kelly Clarkson. They put on such a good show! We had really good seats. We had a side-stage view. I would on occasion run down to the front row and take pictures....lots of pictures and video clips.

The opening act was excellent! It was Melissa Peterman! Do you know who she is? I didn't think so. Not many people know her by that name. Most people know her as Barbara Jean off of the Reba Show. That's right, she is a stand up comedian! Damn she is funny!
All in all, it was a great time had by all. I got to go with some of my great friends. It was worth every penny I spent for the tickets, gas, parking and souvenirs! I would go again tomorrow if I could!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This is true! I love it when I get those "do you know me" forwards and they ask what your favorite music artist is...REBA! And your favorite food used to be Steak and Shake cheesy fries, but maybe that has changed?

Kelly said...

I believe all of my favorites have stayed the same. Including my love for Steak N Shake!