Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Recap!

Friday Evening we had a family fish fry over at Andy's Uncle's house. The first of many fish fries we will have through out Lent. We stayed out pretty late and Hunter was covered from head to toe in dirt, so we gave Hunter at bath at about 11:30pm. We were both exhausted by the time we made it to bed.

Saturday: I had to work that morning. That evening we went to another fundraiser at the local Eagles club. This time it was for the local volunteer firefighters. There was a huge crowd!!! I think they did pretty good. Afterwards, Hunter and I went over to my Mom's house. My brother was in town so we hung out with him for awhile since we hadn't seen him since Christmas.

Sunday: The weather was absolutely beautiful!!! Hunter and I spent a couple hours outside, which mostly consisted of me pushing him in the swing. Hunter would swing 24hrs a day if he could find someone to push him that long. Later on we had a contractor come over to the house. We've had decided to go ahead and build up on our house. Yay!! We'd like to have more room, but the money cruncher side of me is eager to go ahead and build up and lock in our Mortgage loan at these historical low interest rates. For those of you who have built a house know how stressful it is. Why we didn't just build the whole thing at one time is a puzzle to me! Pray for me and Andy that we can make it through this again! Anyway, the contractor came over to go over what our plans are. He is going to crunch the numbers for us on what it might cost. Either way, I think we are going to start the later part of the summer. Considering we have to rip our roof off and build a whole nother level and put the roof back on, we would prefer there be no chance of rain during this process :)

That evening: We went down to Donnie and Shanda's for dinner. It was our first BBQ of the season! Boy, do I love warm weather!!

Have a great week everyone!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good luck to you and Andy.....you're a strong woman for building up on the house! There's no way in hell Matt and I could do it again :)