Thursday, March 3, 2011

I am a Miracle Maker!

Every year my radio station, Y107 has a radiothon to raise money for MU's Children's Hospital and The Children's Miracle Network (CMN) and every year I end up bawling my eyes out in my vehicle listening to all of the sad stories of children suffering on my way to work. This year I made a donation in honor of my healthy son Hunter and became a Miracle Maker. I can't imagine being in the shoes these families. I pray that Hunter never-ever-ever-ever has to go to MU's Children's Hospital, but I am reassured knowing a fantastic hospital is available to us. The hospital is non-for-profit that handles a wide range of injuries and illnesses. No family is ever turned away for their inability to pay. How great is that! 

Here are some facts about the hospital:
• Children’s Hospital had 60,058 visits in 2010(includes inpatient and outpatient)
• Pediatric E.R. had 10,352 visits
• Neonatal Intensive Care Unit admits more than 500 sick and premature infants each year
• More than 420 infants and children are transported to the hospital each year
• Cared for patients from all of Missouri’s 114 counties

Click this link. It  is an audio clip of a little girl named Abe. You will LOVE it!!! She is an example of a success story going to this hospital.
If you live in Missouri, I strongly encourage you to donate to MU's Children's Hospital. Click Here to donate now! If you are uncertain on what to do, tune into the radiothon tomorrow on 106.9FM. I guarantee you will be touched!

God Bless!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good job on donating!!!
I have been listening to the radio and I don't know how you couldn't get a tear in your eye listening to it.
I can't imagine going through what the families go through with sick kids.