Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Friday Evening: Andy and I headed to Jeff City. We went and ate supper at Pizza Hut. As we ate we got to enjoy the Cardinals game on their plasma T.V.’s. After supper we headed to the movie theater to the watch the new Mummy movie. It didn’t start until 9:55pm, so we sat in the Jeep and continued to listen to the Cardinals game. We finally made our way in the theater and we were the first ones to take our seats and there was only about 10 minutes left before the movie started.

It is just our luck that of the grand total of 12 of us that were in the whole theatre, a group of 3 people sat in the row just in front of us. There were 100 other empty rows, but they had to sit in front of us. That wasn’t the big problem I had with them. What drove me nuts was the guy proceeded to rock back in forth in his chair throughout the WHOLE movie. It was so annoying and distracting. We tried to put our hands up on the side of our faces so we couldn’t see him, but this became really uncomfortable. I finally got up and sat on the other side of Andy. While sitting over there, I could still see him rocking in the corner of my eye, so I strategically combed my bangs to the side so it would block any view I had of him. Rrrrrr!

Saturday: Both Andy and I had half days at work, then afterwards we both hauled butt home to get ready to go to the river for Paula’s birthday party. We had a large crowd go on the float trip. It was really hot outside and the only way to tolerate it was to be in the water. It was probably about a 4 hour float, and by that point we were all starving. Luckily those who didn’t float with us had the grills going by the time we made it to shore. There was a lot of food. Andy and I had brought Marinated Deer Steak Wrapped in Bacon, it was soooo good! I also made a dirt cake, yummy! It was a long, fun, and exhausting day.

Sunday: Holly and Shanda came up to the house to help paint the nursery. It turned out really good. Even Andy commented on how nice it looked, and that means a lot coming from him! Once I get the furniture moved back in the place, and the curtains put up I will post some pictures.
Holly and I also went through some of my wedding stuff, to see if there was anything she would want to use for her own. After all of our hard work for the day, we went and swam in the pool for awhile. Kelly and Aubrey also came and joined us. Aubrey loves her pool time. She likes to kick and splash like crazy. She is so cute to watch!

No comments: