Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Sad Loss!

I started my blog at around the time I found out I was pregnant. I like to read other women's blogs who are pregnant as well and are due around the same time. I have been reading this one family blog (I am not going to provide a link to their site, for their own privacy) for some time now. Even though when you read blogs, you may not necessarily know who they are, you tend to build an attachment to them and curiosity of what is going on in their lives. This particular blog is of a cute young couple who already has a 2 year old boy and was pregnant with their second child due around 3 weeks after me. I had noticed that there hadn't been any post on their blog for the last couple of weeks. And it wasn't until a little while ago that I found out why. Their second boy had been born prematurely at only 30 weeks and died 4 days later on August 24th. I have been sitting here at my desk unable to work because of the tears rolling down my face. They had even posted pictures of their final moments with their little boy (which I assume are just prior to or just after his death because there are no tubes or medical equipment hooked up to him).

I could not even begin to imagine what this family is going thru. To lose a baby this far into a pregnancy would be unthinkable. Especially after you hear the heartbeat, feel those first kicks, somersaults, hiccups and to see their little face on the ultrasound, you would think you are all in the clear for a healthy pregnancy. God works in mysterious ways, and while I don't understand the reasoning behind taking a child before they have the chance to live their life, I do know that what little time they are here (born or not), they have placed their little footprint on all those around them and everyone's lives will forever be changed.

So I ask you all today to pray along with me for this family and all the other families that have dealt with a similar loss.

2 comments:

kaRa said...

As if seeing you cry yesterday about this wasn't bad enough...this post about made me cry..

Anonymous said...

I personally know a couple that went through this. I worked with her and she lost hers when she was 8 1/2 months pregnant! It was so hard...so sad... They named her Rebecca... We saw pictures, foot prints, the little casket... My heart goes out to everyone in similar losses as well. When I read your blog all the memmories came rushing back.