Friday, August 8, 2008

Nerve Wracking Evening!

Wednesday Night Andy and I were on the verge of getting ready to go to the hospital. I was having really bad stomach cramps that eventually began to spread to my back. They felt like my Braxton-Hicks contractions but they were accompanied with pain. Not a good sign! Andy at first was trying to down play the situation, but as the evening went on and the pain kept coming, he began to get concerned. I remember hearing that you could feel as if you are having contractions if you are dehydrated, so I began chugging water like crazy! Andy had to go into work early the next morning and he needed to get up at 2am. So because of that, I was trying to get him to go to bed so he could get some rest. This was a chore because he was concerned about me (ah, how sweet) and didn’t think he could sleep. I kept reassuring him that I was fine and if I needed him, I knew where to find him. After finally getting him to go to bed, I went and sat on the couch with my feet up and continued to drink my water as I read all of pregnancy books trying to diagnose what was going on. My doctor had previously told me that if I had more than 4 contractions in an hour, I needed to go to the hospital. Well…I was way over my 4 maximum, but something kept telling me that it wasn’t necessary and this all would pass. And it did…Thank Goodness! All has been well since then.

After this experience, I pray that I am part of the 15% of women whose water breaks before the contractions start, so I am not sitting at home wondering if I am really in labor or not.

No comments: