Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Recap!

Friday: Late that night, Andy and I made our way froggin’ around some ponds on the farm. It was a lot of fun! Andy is nice enough to let me gig some frogs myself, so I don’t have full time duty of holding the spot light while he has all the fun. I do make him take the frogs off the gig for me because I just don’t have the nerve to grab these massive frogs myself. I managed to get my fair share of the action, not bad for being 7 months pregnant! Also, as we cruised from pond to pond, we came up on a lot of deer (mostly does and fawns, but still exciting). When we were done we headed back to the house to clean the frogs…well Andy cleaned them, I was there for moral support.

Saturday (ANDY’S BIRTHDAY): That’s right my stud turned 29! I had previously bought some Cardinal’s tickets for Andy’s birthday present (but he already knew about them), so I wanted to get him a present that he could have on his birthday. I bought him a Cardinal’s t-shirt to wear to the game, but that is not very exciting, so I headed to Jeff City to buy him the Cabella’s hunting game for the Wii. Well needless to say they were sold out everywhere! Figures! So I told him he would get his gift on a later date!

Saturday Evening: We headed down to Donnie and Shanda’s to celebrate Andy’s birthday. We swam in the pool, had a frog/fish fry, played cards and watched a movie. It was a fun yet relaxing evening!


Sunday: I woke up early and made Andy some French Toast (his favorite) because I felt guilty about not having anything for him on his birthday, so I made him a delayed Birthday breakfast. We spent the rest of the day working around the house. I worked in the nursery hanging up Hunter’s name and other odds and ends. Andy worked outside trimming some trees. Below is a picture of him hauling off some of the limbs in his Ranger!
I also went over to Mom’s and got a bunch corn on the cob, Yummy! By the time I got home, Andy had got a bunch of tomatoes for us to can salsa! So I spent the afternoon canning salsa as Andy shucked the corn. I ended up filling 18 pint jars, so I believe we are good on salsa for a couple of years! After all of our hard work we crashed on the couch and watched the Olympics!

No comments: