Wednesday, August 13, 2008

31 Week Appointment!

This mornings appointment was far from ordinary. I was first thrown off by not having one of the two nurses that have usually taken care of me. This girl seemed really young and wasn’t very social able! She took my urine sample, blood pressure, measured my stomach, and checked his heart rate, all while not saying a word. So I assumed all was well…not so much!

The doctor came in and said they detected something in my urine sample. I have no clue what it was called because it was a really long word. I just went with it because I pay them to know what they are talking about! She listed a bunch of symptoms that are associate with this “thing,” none of which I had. She said they wanted another urine sample so they could send it to the lab for further test. Until then, she prescribed me some antibiotics to try to flush it out of my system.

If that wasn’t enough, the doctor wanted to re-measure my stomach because the nurse measured me being too large for this state of my pregnancy. Meaning I could have too much amniotic fluid. But when the doctor measured me, I was right on track. The nurse must just be having an off day!

Since I had given them all I had to give in my first urine sample, I was dry docked! The doc said she would get me a cup of water to help speed up the process. She apologized that the only cup she had to give me water in was the ones used to pee in and assured me it was brand new and sanitary. While that was a concern I was more embarrassed about people seeing me stroll the hallways drinking from a pee cup and waiting for “the urge!” Seeing my point of view, she let me just chug the water and then go have a seat until I was ready! I am not sure when I will hear the results, I guess they will call and let me know if there is any concern.
Good News: The Glucose Test game back perfect!

No comments: