Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Re-cap!

Friday: Andy had to work late so we didn’t do much that evening. We managed to grill some steaks and take it easy for the evening.

Saturday: I headed to Jeff to begin our baby registry. My intentions were to go to both Target and Wal-Mart. I went to Target first, because it is my favorite. I registered for quite a bit of stuff but I found myself holding back because I still needed to register at Wal-Mart. So after an hour or more of walking up and down the isle and oooo’ing and awwww’ing at Target, I drove across the road to Wal-Mart. I went back to the machine to begin the registry, after setting it up I took the confirmation to the clerk to get the scanning gun. That is when she told me that the gun was already being used and there was another couple in line waiting for it. Wait a Minute…..they only have one gun? How ignorant is that? Wal-Mart is the largest retailer in the world…..and each location only has one gun? I was a little pissed off. I was not about to wait a couple of hours for it, so I said screw it and I would come back another day. I did walk back to the baby section to get a feel for what they had. Apparently they are getting ready for a remodel and there is hardly anything in stock. Strike two for Wal-Mart.

Saturday Night: Andy and I headed to 5 o’clock mass in Vienna. Afterwards we had Troy’s Baptism. He did such a good job. Beth is so creative, both the gown and blanket were personalized with his name and the date. We all then headed to John & Beth’s house for some BBQ and socializing.

Sunday: We were down at Donnie & Shanda’s all day. We started off putting their new pool up. That was an interesting process that required a lot more people than we had. I would like to see how the professionals manage to put it up. After it was all said and done, the walls were standing, the liner was in place and hose was pumping in the water. The poor well was going to be in overdrive for the next day or so.

Later that afternoon, I went fishing with Carrie, Zach & Ashley. Actually I was a bystander who helped the kids un-tangling their lines, getting them loose from the brush piles, and putting the lures & weights back on their lines.

This weekend went entirely too fast, but at least I only have a 4 day week! I have managed to get off of work this next Saturday (so I will have a 3 day weekend) even though this means I have to work the next two Saturdays. Bummer!

No comments: