Thursday, June 19, 2008

Delayed Weekend Re-Cap!

Friday: I had another doctor’s appointment at 8:30am. So I decided to leave even earlier and hit up a couple garage sales. The first one I went to was awesome. They had advertised it as, “Have a Boy/Having a Boy….must come!” I was there….and they were right! I loaded up on a boy clothes. I know I could have bought more, but I figured 5 Wal-Mart bags full was enough. I even found a nice crib mattress. Despite the pouring down rain, it was a successful trip.

I then went to my doctor’s appointment. It was a little less than ordinary, but all went well. I only gained one pound. I am still in shock. I was figuring at least 4 because of my ever-expanding belly! I don’t know if it has anything to do with my appointment being so early in the morning when I usually go in the afternoon. This was the first time they actually measured my belly/uterus. I was right on track with 23cm. (# of cm’s = # of weeks I am pregnant).

There was some concern about me having Braxton-Hicks contractions…which are when my uterus gets hard as a rock. While it doesn’t hurt, it can be uncomfortable. They say this is a way for your body to flex its muscles in preparation for the labor. They said most women don’t feel them this early in pregnancy if at all, and those who do feel them are usually on their second or third pregnancy. So with all this in mind and the frequency in which I have been having them, the doctor decided to check me to see if I was dilated. Which I wasn’t….Thank Goodness. That is the last thing I need is to be put on bed rest. So until my next appointment, I am to keep track of them. And if I have more than 4 in an hour, I need to go to the hospital. Boooo! But so far, it doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Saturday: I did some work around the house, and that evening we headed down to Brian and Carrie’s for Gavin’s 2nd Birthday party….an interesting one at that! After eating dinner, we were all randomly gathered in the kitchen and living room. Gavin was riding around on a little JD tractor when the back end got a little heavy and the front end came up on it causing him to fall off the back. When he fell back his head hit the corner of their stone fire place. Ouch! It literally put a hole in his little head. So Brian and Carrie headed to the hospital where Gavin for 4 stitches. Poor Guy!

While they were done, the rest of us guest just waited around and played games and cards until they returned sometime after 11pm. Once they returned, Gavin was ready to go. So he opened all of his presents and we even ate cake and ice cream. This will defiantly be a birthday for him to remember!

Sunday (Father’s Day): After wishing Andy a Happy Father’s Day, I gave him a card and a gift. The card was cute; it had a B&W picture of a baby sleeping on his dad’s shoulder. The gift I got him was a baby onesie that said “Daddy’s Little Buck” See Below!

Then we headed to the Osage River. I was so ready to do some floating and get a tan. We had been down there for a couple hours around the cabin before we ate. While we were eating, the storm clouds began to roll in. The wind was getting really bad so we all packed out stuff to leave. This was good timing because on our way home it started to pour down rain.

No comments: