Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap!

Saturday: After getting off of work, I headed home to do some cleaning. I am in complete nesting mode! I have been doing a complete spring/summer clean up. I realized when we moved that there was a bunch of boxes full of…junk! So I been going thru each and every one of them and throwing out everything that is no use to us. It is crazy how stuff piles up! I had literally kept all my notes, papers, test, reports, etc from college. Why I had kept all of this, I have no clue. It was just amazing to see all the school work I had done, and now it is all in a burn box. Tear! I have removed numerous bags and boxes full of stuff from the house. Currently everything (I kept) is neatly put in plastic tubs and labeled for easy searching. Hopefully this last!

Saturday Evening: Andy and I went on our Anniversary Date! We had a great time. We left home and headed for Columbia to eat at HuHots! I ate so much, I was absolutely miserable (in a good way)! We left there around 7pm and decided to head back to Jeff to see what was at the movie theaters. We wanted to go see the Indiana Jones movie, but of course it started 15 minutes before we got there as well as every other movie. But the movie Get Smart was starting at the very minute, so we bought our tickets hoping they were still showing the previews. And they were, so we got there just in time! This movie was really funny! Anything with Steve Carell is hilarious.

After leaving the movie, we went to Cold Stone Creamery! This place is awesome! We always get a shake called “Cake N’ Shake.” It is made with cake batter ice cream blended with chunks of yellow cake! YUMMY! It literally taste like you a licking the beater after making a cake!

All in all, it was a great evening that we spent together! Hopefully we can make this a tradition for the many anniversaries to come!

Sunday: I bummed around the house for the first part of the day. I was supposed to go to a surprise Anniversary party for my aunt and uncle (Larry and Cindy). But it had slipped my mind, and by the time I thought of it, there was no way I was going to make in time. I feel bad the more I think of it!

Later that afternoon, I headed down the hill to watch Andy dig a hole for Donnie and Shanda’s new pool. A little over a week ago Andy had purchased a used Skid-Steer. So this was his prime opportunity to tear stuff up with it. I have to admit he did a really good job, even though he has very little experience driving a skid-steer. All in all, we now have step one complete with putting up the new pool.

Kelly showed up a little later and we went on a walk. She was pushing Aubrey in her jogging stroller. I can only imagine how exhausted she was pushing her up the hills, because I was sucking air bad by the end of the trip!

We finished the evening off with a fish fry! It was a great weekend, and now I am counting down the weekdays until the next one!

No comments: