Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap!

Friday: I got the pleasure of leaving work early because of my monthly doctor’s appointment. All went well at the appointment! The baby’s heart rate was 149 and I gained a whopping 5.5 pounds. Damn, that is about all I can say!

I then went to the mall. I first ate some Chinese so I could muster up the energy to do some shopping. I have come to the conclusion that I have picked the best time to be pregnant. The style of clothing that is out now is all flowy and loose fitting. So while I should be shopping in the maternity section, there is no need to when I can buy these stylish/loose clothes in the junior’s/women’s section. I spent entirely too much time walking around the mall for what little I bought.

The money I did end up spending was at Lowe’s. I bought a crap-load of flowers to fill my current mud-garden I have got going on. I bought 16 containers of flowers, each having 6 sections to be planted. So pretty well I get the pleasure of digging 96 holes! I also bought a hanging basket with flowers already in it and I got two rectangle shaped pots that have a lovely mixture of blooms in them.

Saturday: I went to my Barnhart family reunion at my Uncle Larry’s lake house. It was an absolutely beautiful day, despite the wind. Andy didn’t go with me because he was at home putting our new cattle guard in. I didn’t realize this would be a practically all day chore, but now that it is done it looks great!

That evening Andy and I went and ate at the Eagle’s. There wasn’t hardly anyone there and they still managed to burn the crap out of my chicken strips. I ate one and then nibbled on my fries for the rest of the meal. We then left there and went down to Argyle to play some volleyball. I could totally tell it has been since last summer since we had played last. I am out of shape! It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to playing again next weekend.

Sunday: I got started planting my flowers. By the time I had the huge garden in front of our big window finished….I was done for the day. But if I do say so myself, they turned out beautiful! Now let’s see if I can keep them alive. I will try to take some pics and post them. Planting over half of the flowers completely wore me out and it didn’t help that the sun was beating down on me. In the two hours I was out there, I managed to burn my back pretty bad. I didn’t feel it until a couple hours later and then I noticed it had turned completely red. Oppps!

Andy managed to fix our hot water heater….Thank goodness! All of our hot water has been smelling like rotten eggs for the past week or more. It had gotten really bad. I asked my boss here at work if he knew of something we could do about it (because he literally knows everything), and he gave me some instructions on removing a certain part which I forwarded on to Andy and it fixed it! AMEN!

No comments: