Thursday, May 15, 2008

Boy or Girl!

On May 27th, I will be having my ultrasound. After careful thought and consideration we have decided to find out the sex of the baby. In my heart I would really like for it to be a surprise, but the logical and planning side of myself has got to know what we are having. I don’t think Andy cares either way if we find out, even though lately he has seemed really anxious for the day to come. I may have just cursed myself by saying we want to know what we are having. Because the day will probably come, and the baby will play shy and not show us “the goods.”

Because of old wives-tales and genetics it looks as if I may have a girl. Since the baby’s heart rate is fast, I am carrying somewhat high, and the fact that both of Andy’s brother’s first children were girls. But there is something that keeps telling me that it is a boy. Call it a mother’s instinct or it could just be indigestion.

I would love for it to be a little girl. Not only because they are more fun to buy clothes for, but because I love to see how men become such softies when it comes to their little girls. Andy of course is itching for a boy! I guess he wants a little mini-him to pass all of his hunting skills to.


I would like to add a quote from one of my friends in regards to the possibility of me carrying a boy:

“You could be carrying a little wiener inside of you!”

Enough said!

Our appointment is at 9:00am, but Andy and I have opted to take the whole day off. I will have a major urge to do some baby shopping afterwards. We haven’t decided when, if or how we are going to announce the news. We would like the opportunity to tell those closest to us what the results are before the news spreads like wild fire and it gets to some people before we were able to tell them personally. While it may be hard to hold in the news, we will probably wait until that evening and make our rounds to everyone’s house. At least then, everyone will be home for the evening and it won’t spread around their workplace until the next day. Again, giving us a little extra time to spread the news ourselves.

I am super excited and anxious to find out who this little creature is kicking me. Then we could finally begin some serious talking about baby names!

No comments: