Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap!

Saturday: I attended my cousin’s daughter Eva’s 2nd birthday party. I can’t believe she is two years old. She wasn’t even two months old at my wedding…meaning Andy and I have almost been married for two years. OMG! Where does the time go? I couldn’t stay very long, but I made sure that I got to hold Troy while I was there. I just can’t get enough of him and all of his hair. He is so sweet!

After leaving there, Andy and I headed to Jeff City to meet Kevin and Kelly. They got in with us and then we went to Columbia to eat at HuHots! We have been really excited to take them there since they are huge Chinese fans we thought this would be right up their alley. Even though this is Mongolian food and not Chinese, it is the same concept. I think the only difference is the Chinese use more rice while the Mongolian use more noodles. I totally just made that up, but it sounded good! Anyway the evening was a success. I believe Kevin and Kelly were a little scared and intimidated when we arrived (which is exactly how Andy and I felt the first time we ate there), but after they tasted the food they enjoyed it as much as Andy and I had.

To wrap up the evening after stuffing ourselves full, we went across the street to Andy’s Custard. No matter how much you have eaten for supper, you are always able to fill in the cracks with some ice creams! Yum!

Sunday: I made a huge Wal-Mart trip! I believe my time is limited to how much longer I will be able to handle these trips by myself. I was completely exhausted by the time I got out of there, but then I had to go home and unload it all. By the time I was done, I was starving. So I rewarded myself with some Spaghetti-O’s!

For the rest of the afternoon I was bumming on the couch watching movies. Then my aunt Sharon showed up. She is part of the Historical Society and is making her rounds to all of the local cemeteries to update/record all of the information on the stones. Which is very time consuming, but she really enjoys doing this. Anyway, there is a cemetery on Donnie and Shanda’s land and she wanted to go back there and verify all the information. So we headed down the hill, picked up Holly (because I couldn’t remember exactly how to get there) hopped in the Ranger and took Sharon to her destination. I had been by the cemetery many times before, but had never walked through it. The stones are huge. They are about 9-10 feet tall.

That evening we had a BBQ down at Donnie and Shanda’s. At which Brian spilled the beans on Andy being moved to the day shift at ABB. Apparently Andy has known for the last few weeks that he would no longer be working nights starting TODAY! You would think this would be important information for me to know, but anytime this happens he likes to save the news for the last minute. While I feel this is good news for now (despite his snoring last night) I have a feeling it won’t last long. He likes to evolve the shift he works around his hunting schedule. That is going to change come October when the baby is here!

No comments: