Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap

Friday: Andy and I got home about the same time after work. He asked what I wanted to do for the evening. I couldn’t come up with anything, so he suggested we go have dinner at the Eagle’s. Yummy, sounded good to me! He said he was going to go work on the farm for a little while and would be back around 7 – 7:30pm. In the mean time I played around the house and then changed my clothes to get ready for the evening. Well, 7 o’clock came around…..then 7:30…..8:00…..8:30…..then finally at 8:45pm he finally showed up. He walked in the house and knew he was in trouble. He stood at the door with his arms wide open waiting for a hug. So I walked right up to him, whipped out my index finger and started poking him in the chest as I gave him the speech, “You do not tell a pregnant woman that you are taking her out for dinner and show up an hour and a half late! You have been warned!” Since they stop the grill at 9pm at the Eagles, this was no longer an option…..so we had frozen pizza!

Saturday: I worked at the bank until noon. Then I headed home to catch up on the laundry and watch Andy make his rounds on the lawn mower. For the evening we headed to the bowling lanes in Westphalia for a Relay for Life Benefit. This is the second year in a row that we have participated. The family as well wears breast cancer t-shirts. The men’s shirts says “Squeeze a Boob….Save a Life!” and the women’s shirts says “Got Boobs? Get Checked!” (You can see a picture of Andy and I supporting our shirts at last year event to the right on my blog). We all have a blast and are always the loudest ones in attendance! Nothing like donating money for a great cause and having a fun time as well. I had to show this picture of Gerald. Notice he is wearing his shirt, carrying a six pack of beer in one hand and gracefully holding a lovely purse in the other!
Sunday: Andy and I got up early and headed to church in Argyle at 7:15am. After mass we went over to Fred and Eileen’s for breakfast. Since we were the early birds, we helped out in the kitchen before everyone else showed up. We probably ended up eating around 10:30-11am. It was sooo good! Of course, I had biscuits and gravy as well as hash browns, ham, eggs, cinnamon rolls, and strawberries…plus I washed it all down with chocolate milk! After leaving there, we went over to my mom’s for awhile to spend mother’s day with her. We didn’t do much there, just talked and watched some poker games on T.V. The fullness of the large breakfast we had was begging to kick in, so Andy and I headed home for an afternoon nap! We woke in time to make spaghetti for supper and watch the 3-hour finale of Survivor. All in all….it was a pretty successful Mother’s Day.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Sunday afternoon naps. I also love the playlist that you added! I may have to check that out myself!