Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"#2" Discussion Update!

I have received a lot of encouraging words since announcing Hunter's lack of desire to poop on the potty. Apparently it is pretty common, but yet no one really has an answer.

Days after my post we had an encouraging milestone! Hunter pooped on the pot! YAY!!! Unfortunately he didn't come and tell me he had to go, I am just aware of the signals. I was on my computer at the kitchen table when Hunter proceeded to crawl underneath it. I knew what what about to go down. I snatched Hunter up and busted thru the bathroom door (while Andy was taking a shower) and sat Hunter down on the toilet. He was to the point where there was no backing out. He finally did the deed! I jumped, clapped, cheered and celebrated in this joyous occasion. Hunter was finally rewarded with the bubbles that had been sitting on the back of the toilet just waiting for this moment! I was exciting to think that things were looking up!!!

The days following:
Friday: He pooped in his underwear
Saturday: He pooped in his underwear
Sunday: He pooped in his underwear
This isn't looking good
Monday: Nothing
Tuesday: Nothing
Poor thing is holding it in.

Then there was today! I picked him up from daycare, where Rata had informed me that he still hadn't gone poop. After returning home, I knew to keep a look out because usually the longest he has gone with holding it has been two days...and we were on day 3. I once again was back on my computer when Hunter slithered right under the table...Here we go again! I crawled under after him and picked him up and ran to the bathroom and placed him on the toilet. I then began to cheer him on all while jumping up and down. "Come on Hunter, you can do it!!!"

And he did!!!

I screamed in excitement, sang a potty jingle from the Look Who's Talking movie, did a jig and high-fived my wide eyed toddler!

I then gave him some more bubbles! He then said he was done! So I let him down. He ran out of the room as I proceeded to flush the evidence town the toilet. I went to the living room to find Hunter and put his underwear and shorts back on him...but he wasn't there. Then I heard him in his room. I went to his room and this is what I found....Dum, Dum, Dum....

Ya, you see that right! 
APPARENTLY HE WAS NOT DONE!!!
 I can feel the gray hairs sprouting out of my head as we speak!!!

Two steps forward and 25 steps back!

Grrrr!!!

I took the bubbles back!

2 comments:

CourtneySue15 said...

HAAA!!! This was too funny. I am sorry you are having such a hard time though, but this story was too funny with the photos & arrows!

Sarah said...

Goodness Kelly!!! I am NOT looking forward to potty training!! I hope Hunter gets the hang of it soon! But just think of the good stories & pictures will have to show his future girlfriends :)