Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ta-Ta First Trimester!

I'm 14 weeks pregnant as of Sunday! Hello Second Trimester!

Size of Baby: A lemon...about 3 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 ounces!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am up 1 pound. But from the looks of me, you would think more. They aren't kidding that you show faster with the second kid.

Maternity Clothes: None yet. Everything seems to fit fine right now. Dress pants are getting a little snug, so I might need to make the switch in the near future.

Gender: We don't know. And we aren't going to know until D-Day! I know...SHOCKER! This seems to shock a lot of people when I tell them this. Especially when they know what a Planner I am. This is way outside my comfort zone, but I think it will be really exciting come delivery!

Movement: I haven't felt anything yet. But according to what I kept track of with Hunter. I started feeling him around 15 1/2 weeks. So anytime now!

Sleep: No problems in the sleep department other than I would prefer to sleep 24hours a day. I wasn't nearly this fatigued when pregnant with Hunter, but then again I wasn't chasing a two year old around. It is getting better, I am not falling asleep on the couch nearly as much in the evenings.

What I miss: Nothing really. I joke about needing a stiff drink every once in awhile, but in reality I can live without it. Oh wait....I just thought of something!!! I miss the ability to take medicine. When pregnant you are so restricted on what you can take. My allergies have been kicking my butt these last couple of weeks, and I would love to just take one of everything in the allergy isle at Walgreen's, but I can't!

Cravings: Meat and Spaghetti-O's (Not together). I used to just eat pop-tarts and cereals in the morning. But now I need MEAT! So I have been sneaking trips to McDonald's in the mornings to get me a sausage biscuit :)

Dislikes: Smell of hard boiled eggs and cigarette smoke.

Symptoms: I was nauseous for awhile, but not too terrible. I never got physically sick. This is where the meat helped. I would feel better if I ate meat instead of sweets.

Best Moment This Week: Entering the second trimester!!!

I can't decide if this pregnancy is going fast or slow. In my mind I think, dang I am only 14 weeks. But then again next month is half way and we get to have our ultrasound. So maybe it is going a little quicker.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We decided not to find out the gender with our next child either! I usually don't like surprises- but I think it'll be kind of neat :)

Sarah said...

It is so amazing to see what your baby is when they're born! I could hardly believe it..I just kept looking like, yep its really a boy! It was even better to walk into the waiting room and ask our parents if they were ready to meet their grandson. Best day of our lives and we are SO glad that we didn't find out earlier!!