Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Ago



I cannot believe it has been ten years since 9/11/01. This is one of those dates that replays in my mind like it was yesterday. I was a senior in high school driving to school when I heard of the first plane crashing into the first twin tower. I didn't think anything of it at first, I just thought it was an accident. But then later I was in class when someone announced that another plane had hit the other tower. That is when the goosebumps took over and everyone realized this was no accident. Considering our lack of technology at Maries R-1, a bunch of classrooms gathered in the high school hallway trying to get reception on an old TV with bunny ears antennas. Another vivid moment was getting out of school and going thru town and seeing the huge line of cars lining the highways trying to get into the gas stations.

Wow, how our country has changed in the last 10 years. We were severely broken, but the patriotism that erupted was breathtaking! Everyone banded together and were united as one.

No comments: