Friday, September 9, 2011

Moving on Up!

The house construction is really moving along. This was all done in a week! Pretty amazing. Now I fear it is all going to come to a screeching halt as they do the fine interior details. That part seems to move a lot slower! Right now I am grateful we have a roof and are pretty well water proof.

Unfortunately we have had some extra cost that weren't expected when decided to build up. I was under the impression when we first built our house that we were prepared in every way possible for our future expansion. Well...I was wrong! We need all new siding (because apparently they have discontinued the kind we have), a new furnace + new duct work (on top of the big new expensive outdoor wood furnace we are getting as well), new plumbing to run to the opposite side of the house. I better stop because I can feel my blood pressure rising.

WHY DID WE NOT JUST BUILD THE WHOLE HOUSE AT ONCE?!?!?!

Andy is living the high life that this is all no big deal. But he doesn't understand the concept that we-are-on-a-budget! I guess we may have to tap his shop budget to pay for the house. He may have something to say after that :)

We will battle those issues until the time comes, until then I will continue with my tight-ass ways and be as thrift as possible!

1 comment:

CourtneySue15 said...

I fight the same battle with my husband. No matter what repdel we do it always ends up costing more.