Friday, September 9, 2011

Still Recovering from a Busy Weekend!

Like I had mentioned before, we had the big Maries County Fair this past weekend.

Wednesday Night: I took Hunter to the fair where we met up with Kevin, Kelly and Aubrey. It was buddy Night, so Hunter and Aubrey got to ride for the price of one. They had a great time and I became exhausted just watching them.

Thursday Night: Back at the fair again. My mom and step-dad took Hunter around on the rides that night. Not sure who had more fun, Hunter or Tim! Andy and I watched the demo derby. It was a really good one this year. They even had trucks.

Friday Night: Guess what we did? Yep, we were back at the fair. Hunter stayed at Donnie and Shanda's so he could get to bed at a decent hour because the last couple of nights was catching up with him...AKA cranky boy! Andy and I watched the truck and tractor pull and the Burn out Competition.

Saturday: I had to work that morning. Afterwards I met Andy and Hunter in town for the parade. Lordy was it hot! Hunter actually got the concept of the parade this year and was picking up candy and putting it in his bucket. Well, let me rephrase that...for about half the parade Hunter picked up candy, the rest of the time he sat on the ground eating his candy as people picked the candy up for him. He's no dummy!



Here's a shout out to my co-worker Jessica for winning Miss Maries County!


After the parade we met up with the Schwartze clan for lunch. We were supposed to go to my uncle Larry's lake house next to meet up with the Hollis clan, but Hunter was way over due for a nap! So we went home instead. That night we went back to the fair. The tractor pull that was going on was a flop, so we took Hunter on a few rides. Then we watched the Jane Dear Girls Concert. I thought they were really good! They re-did a lot of well know songs. Hunter had a blast dancing!!!! Not bad Maries County....Not bad!


Sunday: We went to the river for Andy's Grandma's birthday. The temperature was 30 degrees cooler than what it had been the days prior. It was like Fall slapped us in the face. After returning home that evening, we went on a ranger ride with some of the family. Oh my gosh....Did we have a blast! We got home late and decided to grill some brats. While us girls waited by the grill, the guys (including Hunter) went frogging. They were gone for a long time, but got a lot of frogs just on two ponds. Tired of waiting on the guys, us girls took a semi dip in the hot tub. Considering hot tubs are frowned upon for pregnant ladies, I just stuck my legs in! But loved every minute of it!

Monday: Labor Day! Literally! We spent the whole day cleaning up around the house due to the construction. There was lumber, shingles, nails, trash everywhere! It was an all day project. I am still paying for it today!

No comments: