Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weekend Recap and Week Ahead

First of all I want to apologize in my lack of posting. Its just been really busy lately!

Friday Evening: After work I went to go get Hunter at John & Beth's house. He had a play date with Troy. We hung out there for a couple of hours. After leaving their house, we drove through a terrible storm...Thunder, lightening striking closely on each side of the highway, raining so hard I could hardly see and then some pea sized hail. We were headed to our family fish fry. I got there and the sun was shinning. That's Missouri weather for you! We ate at the fish fry and played cards for awhile. We then went home and gave Hunter a bath because he was covered in mud from playing outside.

Saturday: I was off of work, but we had our Kid's Club Easter Egg Hunt at the bank. Hunter and I headed up there shortly before it was to start. Because of all the rain we were forced to cancel the actual hunt. We ended up dividing all the eggs up all everyone's gift bags. The Easter bunny was there as well and Hunter was scared to death!!!! So all the pictures I have of Hunter he looks really pissed off! Hunter is very much a people person, but he does not like people dressed as characters. So far he doesn't like the Easter Bunny, Santa and Clowns! Go Figure!

After the Easter Egg Hunt, my Uncle Dave and his daughters picked Hunter up and took him to the Zone in Rolla to play. Sounds like they had a really great time and they wore Hunter out. While Hunter was with them, I went to my scrapbooking party. I got a quite a few pages finished. Afterwards, I went and picked Hunter up and we headed to Donnie and Shanda's for Donnie's Birthday Party. We ate BBQ and played cards. Poor Hunter, we kept him up a little too late.

Sunday: We woke up and the Easter Bunny had left Hunter a basket of goodies. Candies, Bambi DVD and a music CD. All he cared about was the candy!!! We went to mass at our church in Argyle. Hunter did fantastic! I didn't even have to get out his bag for reinforcements (juice, snacks, toys). We then went back to Donnie and Shanda's where Hunter got an Easter basket from them. Then we went to Andy's Grandma's house for the Schwartze' Easter and ate breakfast. After that we headed to my grandparents house in Vienna. Hunter fell asleep along the way. It wasn't a long enough nap so he was super cranky! Therefore, we didn't get to stay very long. We went home and put Hunter down for a nap. I ended up taking a nap as well! It was a pretty exhausting weekend!

I hope everyone had a great Easter and that you remember the true meaning of the holiday!

Week Ahead:

Monday: We won a dinner at Pizza Hut. So we went to Jeff City and ate there while they gave up a fire safety presentation.

Tuesday: We had the presenter of the fire safety program come look at our house. I'll talk more about this later.

This weekend we don't have anything planned (that I can think of right now) other than I have to work Saturday morning. I am looking forward to catching up on my house cleaning and bumming around the house!

No comments: