Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Biggest Loser Conclusion!

On Monday I weighed in for the last time for the Biggest Loser competition at work. I can't believe it is already over. I feel like we should have went at least another month. I did....OK! I think I could have done better. I got third place overall. I lost 10.2lbs the first month, gained 1.6lbs for the second month (Thank you Mexico) and lost 3.4lbs for the third month. I nearly won the 3rd month...actually I could have won on a technicality (meaning the guy who won was actually on vacation on Monday when we weighed in. So he weighed in prior on Friday. So there was the whole debate...does his weight count because who's to say he wouldn't have gained weight over the weekend and I would have won). BUT me being a nice person...decided to let the other guy have it. Wow, being a nice person just cost me $200. Anyway, I ended up losing a total of 12lbs (8.26%). Not bad!

I probably didn't go about my diet the correct way. I can honestly say I didn't work out hardly at all. I mostly focused on eating healthy and portion control. Believe it or not, I actually weigh now what I weighed in high school. Obviously, I don't have the same body I had in high school. I have lost a lot of muscle. It is very true that muscle weighs for than fat...But takes up less space!!! I am living proof of that.

So, even though the competition is over I am going to commit myself to sticking with it. Now that the weather is finally warmer, hopefully I can start running again!

No comments: