Monday, February 28, 2011

Hoarders!


Oh Hoarders!! Is there anyone out there that loves this show as much as I do? I LOVE it!!!! If I ever lose motivation to clean my house, I just turn on a DVR'd episode of Hoarders. Then I am slapped in the face with the urgent desire to scrub my house! Seriously, how do people live like this?
Ever since I had Hunter, I've been having more and more OCD tendencies. I LOVE things organized! Everything has a place. Does it mean that my house is always in magnificent order....No! Because I live with these two guys!!!
Messy Sr and Messy Jr!

No matter how much I clean, these two seem to be right behind me messing everything back up. That is why nights like these, when they are both already in bed I spend the "me time" cleaning the house. Just so that in the morning when Andy gets ready for work he'll leave empty wrappers on the counter (instead of putting them in the trash) and if I am lucky he will put his dirty dishes in the sink (instead of leaving them out...not to mention he could just put them in the dishwasher because it is empty....but that would be asking too much!). And how Hunter can destroy the living room in 6.2 seconds flat is a phenomenon!

So why do I waste my time picking up toys, books and misc every night before I go to bed, just so that they are brought back out the next day? There are a few reasons:
#1 - I sleep better
 #2 - You never know when you will have guest (Side note: do you ever think "what if I died tomorrow and people had to go thru my house/stuff?" Guilty...I do!! A little creepy?
 #3 - Because if I didn't my house would probably look like the pictures above!

Anyway, I would love to work on Hoarders and clean those people's houses. Let me rephrase that....I want to clean the houses of the people who are shopping addicts and have stuff piled up....NOT the people who have 90 cats running around and are too lazy to throw out their trash for 3 years!!!! There is a big difference! I want to take a bunch of plastic tubs and my label maker to these people and teach them the wonderful world of organization!!!

Alright, I better go....there is stuff to clean!!

2 comments:

Connie said...

April is a great organizer, too. When I come home from her house, I want to reorganize. But the thought quickly vanishes. lol
I am SUPER organized at work. I like to keep my house clean but don't look in my closets or dresser drawers, total caos!! Don't know what that says about me.

Sarah said...

I am the same way! And I wonder why I pick up Tyler's toys & books every night too. But I don't think I could sleep with them scattered all over!