Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day = Cookie Day

Being snowed in today, Hunter and I decided to make cookies. I love to make and decorate cookies, but I was never really getting it right. That was until I discovered these two blogs: Bake at 350 and University of Cookie. They have cracked all the secrets that I have always wondered about baking, cutting and decorating sugar cookies. This was our process!

Tip # 1: Roll your cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Less Mess!
Tip # 2: Cut out your shape of choice. Then place in freezer for approx 5 minutes. This will help hold the shape of the cookie when it bakes. 

Bake your Cookies!

Aren't they pretty?

Make your Royal Icing. Here is a fantastic recipe! Click Here!

Put icing in piping bag

Outline all of your cookies! Let them sit for about 30 minutes so your border will be solid/strong.

With left over icing, you need to thin the icing with water and place in squirt bottle.

Flood your cookies with the thinned icing. Use a toothpick to help spread the icing!

Then feed to your eager two-year old!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

They turned out great! I am going to have to try your tips!

Anonymous said...

I will for sure have to try your tips to! I never can get my to look good!