Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Well....

To address a comment on my prior post (not like I should even have to explain myself)...

But apparently I am a "bad parent" and "sad" amongst other mean things that were said because I chose not to take Hunter with us to Mexico. Am I the only parent in the world that has taken a vacation without their child? Excuse for me not wanting to put Hunter through that at 7 months old.

I would like to know where "Anonymous" got the idea that I have a "partying lifestyle." I am about as boring as it gets...you all know, you read my blog!

I know I should just let this comment go through one ear and out the other, especially since they didn't bother to put their name, but I am a person who takes this to the heart. Damn it, I am a great mom and I love my son and would do anything for him...and shame on you "anonymous" of accusing me otherwise!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Do not even pay attention to what "anonymous" said. That was absolutely uncalled for! I am horrified that someone would say such a thing! I am right there with Dana!

Dana said...

kelly - Remember what spurs negative thoughts/reactions from people - JEALOUSY!

With that being said, you are a wonderful Mommy and there is not a thing wrong with taking a vacation without your child....in my opinion ; )

Beth said...

I have been a parent of two for 10 yrs & a daycare provider for 7 and having a lovely family involves Mom & Dad time...that is the core of a Happy Family...I would not let the comment bother you....We all know Hunter is not a neglect child.

Beth

Jill said...

You go Kelly,,, everyone who counts knows who you are,, those that dont,, dont matter!!!

Anonymous said...

SHAME ON YOU ANONYMOUS! I know that Kelly is a GREAT MOM and I get to see that first hand. You know nothing about her obviously. In order to give your child the best of yourself, sometimes you do need a little "ME TIME", so that you can recharge your batteries and give your kid the very best at all times. And you do that. I say F U to them!
Holly Schwartze- I can sign my name

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the comments above. You can't be a great parent unless you give a little time back to yourself. That person obviously doesn't know you Kelly.

Roxanne

April said...

It is obvious that person doesn't know you at all, Kelly. You're a great mom and deserve some time to yourself. Just let it go in one ear and out the other. I'm sure as Dana stated they are "jealous"!! Hang in there!

Sarah said...

That comment was absolute bull, Kelly. Hunter is a lucky kid and people who can't sign their names to something aren't worth your time at all.