Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Road Trip

I couple weeks ago, me and the boys traveled nearly 400 miles to visit my dad and step-mom in Omaha, Nebraska. Andy had to work that Friday, so he was unable to go along. So I put my patience to the test and packed up the boys and headed off alone. I can't lie, I was pretty nervous. The week before, the check engine light came on in my Jeep, luckily it was just a faulty gas cap and then the day before we left my Jeep wouldn't start and I had to get it jumped. Ended up I just needed a new battery. I began to wonder if these were signs for me not to go. Knowing that Andy would not be with us if something would happen along the way was making me anxious, I had my most precious cargo solely in my hands. I ended up purchasing Roadside Assistance and Rental Car Coverage in the event the Jeep decided to crap out on me along the way....and off we went :)

Jeep loaded and boys ready to go. Thank you to Kevin and Kelly for letting us borrow their dual DVD players for the boys to watch along the way.

I was unsure of how long it would take for us to get there because pretty well the only schedule we were on was Weston's. We stopped three times on the way up there for feedings, diaper changes, gas, etc. We made it there in about 8 hours. I thought that was about right.

Weston checking out PaPa Ron

Papa Ron and Granny Denise always have presents. Key to Hunter's heart...Monster Trucks!!




Notice a trend in Weston's pictures. Poor boy gnawed, chewed and drooled all weekend while successfully getting in his two top teeth!


Here the boys are up Saturday Morning ready for a day at the Zoo.


Let the zoo adventures begin...


Weston was an angel the whole time!!



The aquariums at the zoo were amazing!!



We even saw sharks!!




I think Granny was more excited than Hunter for this photo op.


Hunter was so happy...

That was until he saw this....

He cried and whined and cried whined because he wanted on the train.

Insert crabby 4 year old in our happy family picture :)

After many threats to leave the zoo if he didn't quite crying...Hunter got back into the zoo spirit.


I thought this was funny. Andy called while we were walking around and this is Hunter talking to him while cruising the the exhibits.


Weston did get some naps in along the way.


After nearly 4 hours of walking around the zoo we ended it with a train ride.

I won't get into the number of times we had to wait around for the train..because we "missed" it. The train was still there and plenty of seats, but they wouldn't let us on. Insert...P.O.'d mom!!

Here Dad and Weston wait patiently for the train.



Group shot :)


Yep, he was thrilled!


Weston loved the train as well. He talked and coo'd and laughed the whole ride. That was until they blew the whistle....


OMG insert hysterical baby here...


Those are real tears. Breaks my heart!


It wouldn't be complete without the dramatic coughing/choking cry!



Push-ups


Yes, Please!


Afterwards, we met with my grandparents at a local restaurant. This was the first time they had met Weston and the first time we had seen them since last Christmas.




Hunter showing of his skills on how to make Weston laugh.


Weston enjoyed the attention.


We had such a great trip. The boys did fantastic!! Especially on the way home. We only had to stop once. Therefore it only took us 6.5 hours. There may have been a little more led in my foot as well.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I think Hunter looks quite a bit like your dad.