Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Hunter!

I can’t believe my baby turned one today! He is no longer my baby, he is a little man. His birthday brings so many mixed emotions for me. I am ecstatic that we have made it a whole year and Hunter is happy and healthy, but I am sad that this day has come so fast and that I feel it went by like a blur. I love that I have been there for many of his “first” but sad to think that he has already experienced some of his “last”.

He has developed so much. When he was born he was under the growth chart but now he has exceeded that and is above the charts! I see so much of myself in him…especially his attitude. This may not be a good thing! He LOVES to be outdoors and usually throws himself when it is time to come back inside! He has started to push little trucks around the house and make motor sounds. He is all boy! He is crawling all over the place. He alternates between an army crawl and the traditional crawl. He walks all along furniture and even walks along with you if you hold his hand, but he hasn’t quite got the nerve to try it on his own yet. He will in time. He loves to eat and will eat anything! I don’t think there is anything he has tried that he doesn’t like, just like his daddy!

In the last year I have been transformed from a woman to a mother. A transformation that I feel went pretty smoothly and naturally. It makes me wonder what I did with all the free time I had before becoming a mother. Good Question!

When I woke Hunter up this morning I started singing him Happy Birthday…He looked at me like I was an idiot. But I didn’t care; I hugged him tighter and sang louder. Hunter was featured on KRCG this morning for his birthday and we plan and traveling to Cold Stone Creamery tonight to get his free birthday cake! Yummy!

Tomorrow we plan on celebrating his birthday with family and friends. I am anxious to see how he does with eating the cake. I am predicting that he only takes a couple bites and plays with the rest and then throws it on the floor. Any bets?

Here is a picture of Hunter and I this morning with our birthday hats on. The picture is terrible because I took it with my cell phone. Quite a difference from yesterday’s photo of us a year ago!

I will post pictures next week of this weekend’s festivities!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!! Enjoy this time Kelly,, it will pass in a blink of a eye!! You all are truely blessed.